Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reassurance

I can do this. I always have had a good connection with people and I am generally effective with communication. Today was reassuring for any doubts that I had about teaching. I walked into the class with Jessica and immediately several students started doing their frantic…"Oh Miss Brooke! Miss Brooke!" waves. It's nice knowing that I am doing something right since the third graders look forward to me coming. At times, all of this may get overwhelming when I am trying to explain something to a group and I have students trying to talk over me. The overwhelming feeling subsides when you see that light in a student turn on when they have found connection with your help. I look forward to feeling that sense of accomplishment everyday when I see that look.

I aspire to be the teacher I rarely had. I want to set up a warm and inviting classroom that people look forward to coming into. I want to be that extra set of ears available when my students don't feel safe at home. I have had the advantage of having one teacher who went above and beyond the normal standards. For that she is who I aspire to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write the thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are a bit cloudy. Bear with me.

The Movement


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones