Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blood, Sweat, and Testosterone

It is funny how these three things for some reason get a rise out of me when they are combined in the form of hockey. I don’t know if it is because I am so sick of the lack of testosterone in my life or the intensity of the sport. It sure was something.
As I sit in the cold, blue, folding chair I get such a rush seeing all these aggressive men passing the puck across the ice and slamming into one another, occasionally sending pucks flying in front of my face.
I look over I see the wives and girlfriends of the players cheering their men on blowing kisses as I vomit in my mouth ( metaphorically). I couldn’t help but think about what it would be like to be that girl. Honestly, I don’t think I could do it. I couldn’t be that trophy stay-at-home wife. As I start to observe them they have some similarities. Many of them are waving their perfectly manicured fists in the air as I am shaking my short, chipped, pink nails in excitement over an almost goal. Their long highlighted blonde hair sits on their shoulders while I am totally rocking the bum- chic look with bed head curls. I keep thinking about how in high school it was such a big accomplishment to date a jock.
Sure it would be fun for a minute, but, I would rather oogle someone over their humor and wit than their body. Buff guys are fun to look at for a minute but I would rather get into an intense battle over which is a cooler dinosaur then burp and try and change the subject. I guess I am attracted more to the nerdy type, maybe because that’s how I would define myself. How else would you define someone who can be found reading a happy dino book while wearing glasses and a Spiderman shirt in a sea of Abercrombie, cosmo reading girls?
This attraction was obvious today when some friends and I were walking down the street and a bunch of guys walked by. We all commented about how sexy they were. Later, I found out I was the only one referring to the awkwardly tall chubby guy in glasses in the back of the group sporting a Spiderman t-shirt (nothing better than a love for Spiderman!). I would totally be his if he was like Napoleon Dynamite (and those giant sexy teeth! Lol) Oh man and the other day I was watching Beauty and the Geek and got all excited when one of the guys got super excited that they were going to Comic-Con. That was sexy. Maybe it’s the passion that I am attracted to? Who knows. I am a weirdo I suppose. Now if only I can find a guy like that who is attracted to tall odd girls who are super random…and drink too much coffee late at night? Haha that would be funny but I think pigs will fly before it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write the thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are a bit cloudy. Bear with me.

The Movement


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones