Sunday, April 13, 2008

May it be accross the stars

I am a dreamer. Ever since I was little I have been wishing on stars hoping that the things that I want will come true. No questions asked. One day they will come if I am patient. As a child I was raised to be religious and to believe in God. However, I never really could see God so it was hard for me to believe in him. Since I couldn’t see him how could I trust that he could answer my prayers? That is when I started looking up to the stars late at night hoping that my dreams would come true because I could see them. So, I felt a symbolic connection to stars.
As I grew up I started to realize that my wishing to the stars will not get me anywhere. I began to question where exactly are my wishes going if I am asking for something from a million year old ball of gas? That is when I started growing up and slowly started seeing the bigger picture and began questioning my surroundings.
I may no longer go to the stars hoping to receive my request but every time I look up at the night sky I am reminded of my past childhood. Instead, now I use stars as a motivation tool. They are my reminder to try and reach for the best and go for what I want in life instead of having it handed to me for no reason. I feel as though working for something will bring many more benefits than simply being handed what I want. I have something to look forward to getting over time instead of being handed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write the thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are a bit cloudy. Bear with me.

The Movement


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones