Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dear Jane Blosberg

The following is a letter I wrote to my fifth grade teacher recently:


Hello Jane,
I don't know if you remember me but I was in your 5th grade class at Zimmerman junior high in the 98/99 school year. I recently had to write a paper about the teacher who had a positive influence on us and I actually wrote it about you. I just wanted to say that even though I have not been your student in over 9 years I still am thankful for you being there for me back in the day. I am currently a sophomore at Alverno College I was majoring in nursing but changed my major recently to elementary education with a minor in English. You actually were a big part of my decision to change my major. The main tie in all of my possible career choices was that I wanted to help kids in the way that you had helped me and made me feel comfortable in the classroom even when I may not have been accepted by other classmates. It’s odd how the one thing that sticks out in my mind is a time when the whole class was teasing and laughing at me and you just sat in the hall hugging me as I cried. I don’t know why I remember that so vividly. To this day I still admire you for being such a wonderful teacher. You always had the best attitude and always wore a smile. You made learning fun mixing in fun activities to reinforce the lessons. I hope to be at least half as great as you were. I want to try and be the most positive influence on one of my future students. So thank you so much for everything. Remember that though you may not realize it you have a strong impact on your students and I as one of them admire you for that.

Oh and if you were wondering how I found you I was doing research for another class and was like "I wonder what would happen if I typed in Jane Blosberg" Oddly enough I found you and you are now a second grade teacher...at Brainerd where my favorite choir teacher Mr. Stubbs now teaches...and that’s where some of my family lives. Oh! I actually was hoping to one day teach second grade. It is funny how things happen. I feel kind of stupid sitting here late at night crying over how weird this is...a happy cry not sad...but still weird.
Any who, once again thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I FOUND YOU!!! I was just thinking about you again and wondered how I'd find you... I love how God works!! 😀 Are you on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FOUND YOU!!! I was just thinking about you again and wondered how I'd find you... I love how God works!! 😀 Are you on FB?

    ReplyDelete

I write the thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are a bit cloudy. Bear with me.

The Movement


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones