Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Semester With a Not So New Start

Why is it so hard to earn a second chance in life? It seems as though you would have to move to another county with a whole new set of people. I make mistakes often not learning my lessons the first time around so I have to learn by being hurt the second or third time around.

So another wonderful semester here at Alverno has started. I am proud to say that I am now starting my fourth semester making me a sophomore! GO ME! This semester I am set on being my own personal cheerleader. I need to realize and acknowledge my own personal and public victories. I am not a failure at life. I am alive. I am 19 years into this thing called life. I am employed with a somewhat steady pay. I have food in the fridge. I am intelligent in my own ways. It is nice but isn’t essential for me to be told this by any family or friends. I am who I am. I need to stop trying to bring myself down by comparing myself to others. I am Brooke not anyone else therefore I cannot do things the same as others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write the thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are a bit cloudy. Bear with me.

The Movement


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones