Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Motherly Instinct?

I think that I am a very motherly person. I like to care for people and make them feel better.

These past few day this has really sunk in as I find pleasure in staying home cooking and cleaning and being there for my dad as my mom is out of town. I like the responsibility but I get lonely being alone all day then seeing him for an hour before he has to go to bed. Although I like being like a mother I never could stay at home all day. This past week has been too much ME time. I have been thinking about everything and I really need to get out and socialize.

Maybe this is the reason I like working long hours? That way I can hide from my problems instead of being forced to face them nd think about them all the time.

During my reflection time I realized that people often come to me for help. I find this comforting knowing that I am doing something right. I like listening to people and helping them figure out their problems. Sometimes I help sometimes I make things worse but at least I tried. Right?

My favorite thing is cooking for people. I love seeing their face when they like my concoction. I get a feeling of accomplishment. The past couple days I have gone a little overboard with the cooking. Every night I have made something for someone else. Last night I made the most amazing pork chops! They were perfect. I really wanted to frame one. I also made my dad this awesome dark chocolate and peanut butter cake for his birthday. He cant stop om nom noming it so I take that as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write the thoughts running through my mind. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are a bit cloudy. Bear with me.

The Movement


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones